Data Protection Privacy Website Notice
Eye Q Optical Limited
Policy version: August 21, 2023
https://eyeqjamaica.com/ (our website) is provided by Eye Q Optical Limited (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’). We are the controller of personal data obtained via our website, meaning we are the organization legally responsible for deciding how and for what purposes it is used.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are subject to the Data Protection Act (“the DPA”).
What this policy applies to
About the information we collect and hold
The information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. We will collect and use the following personal data about you:
- your name, address and contact information, including email address, telephone number and company details
- your Patient ID
- information on your diagnosis
- any delivery addresses specified for your order
- information to check and verify your identity, e.g. date of birth
- your gender
- location data, if you choose to give this to us
- your billing information, transaction and payment card or other payment method information
- bank account and payment details
- details of any information, feedback or other matters you give to us by phone, email, post or via social media
- your account details, such as username and login details
- your activities on, and use of, our website
- your personal or professional interests
- information about the services we provide to you
- your contact history, purchase history and saved items
- information about how you use our website and technology systems
- your responses to surveys, contact forms, competitions and promotions
You must provide this personal data to use our services on our website.
Sometimes you can choose if you want to give us your personal data and let us use it. Where that is the case we will tell you and give you the choice before you give the personal data to us. We will also tell you whether declining to share that personal data will have any effect on your use of our website or any services on it.
How we collect the information?
We collect personal data from you:
- directly, when you enter or send us information, such as when you register with us, contact us (including via email), send us feedback, purchase products or services via our website, post material to our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website and
- indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website; we will usually collect information indirectly using the technologies explained in the section on ‘Cookies’
Why we collect the information and how we use it?
Under the DPA, we can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason, e.g.:
- where you have given consent and in some cases, where the context requires, your express written consent
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- for medical purposes undertaken by us as your health professional
- for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract, or
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. We will carry out an assessment when relying on legitimate interests, to balance our interests against your own. You can obtain details of this assessment by contacting us.
How we may share the information?
See ‘Who we share your personal data with’ for further information on the steps we will take to protect your personal data where we need to share it with others.
We will use your personal data to send you updates by email, text message, telephone or post about our products AND services, including exclusive offers, promotions, or new products AND services.
Under section 10 of the DPA, we may use your personal data for marketing purposes if you are a customer of The Company. Otherwise, we need your consent to send you marketing information.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by:
- contacting us at https://eyeqjamaica.com/contact-us
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
- updating your marketing preferences on our emailers. You will find information in the footer area.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you ask us to provide further products AND/OR services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell OR share it with other organizations for marketing purposes
Who we share your information with?
We routinely share personal data with:
- third parties we use to help deliver our products AND service to you, e.g. payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies (these third parties include but are not limited to Hoya, CooperVision, E-dr & Shamir)
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts;
- our insurers and brokers;
- our banks;
We only allow those organizations to handle your personal data if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data. We also impose contractual obligations on them to ensure they can only use your personal data to provide services to us and to you.
Where information may be held?
Information may be held at our offices and those of any service providers, representatives, and agents as described above. Information may be transferred internationally and may not always be stored in Jamaica. We will endeavour to identify these international data storage locations and continuously assess any risks with storage there. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for the information we hold and that held by our third party service providers/processors.
How long we keep your information?
We will not keep your information for longer than we need it for the purpose for which it is used.
If you no longer have an account with us or we are no longer providing goods or services to you, we will delete or anonymize your account data after seven years.
Different retention periods apply for different types of information. Following the end of the of the relevant retention period, we will delete or anonymize your personal data.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Jovahn Forbes who can be contacted at (876) 929-7732, if you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
** Further details on how we handle sensitive personal information are set out in our Data Protection Policy.